Thursday 2 June 2016

Bathrooms and bohemian robes

Sorry I haven't posted in ages, I sort of forgot about this blog and am now ashamed of my negligence. I'm in a very rainy and cold and windy part of Scotland right now, where my style can be described as literally anything that provides any kind of protection and warmth, so this post focuses on my clothes about a week ago. I went to London, and explored Greenwhich Market aka heaven of all vintage and alternative shoppers. I found this funny little boho shop and fell in love- I bought such.a.beautiful.thing. I say thing because that's basically the only to describe it, as you'll see. Because I didn't take my tripod, these photos aren't that good, and one of them, and I apologise for this, is a selfie taken in the mirror. It's this thing that is made of a patterned, light weight, emerald green silk, and it has long ribbon ties at the bust and as a halter neck, making the bell- like shape. The best part is that I look and feel like a fairy, but I can still do cartwheels. This said, I was twice asked if I was attending the ComicCon. K. So here's a rather blurry shot followed by a close up on the fabric.
I stayed with a friend in Primrose hill, aka the prettiest and trendiest part of London, and the house was ineffably gorgeous. The owner is a cellist, and has enough money to spare that she can afford to go to art auctions and buy beautiful paintings. Her house is a haven of colour- but the best part is the bathroom. I'm not obsessive about her sink or anything, but you have to understand that this is no ordinary bathroom. This is a kingdom. The walls are painted with castles and mountains and skies and trees and okay let me just show you the picture it'll be quicker. I like the composition of this photo as well as the fact that my dress/jumpsuit/pantaloons match the colour scheme. I think people thought there was something wrong with me because I must have spent around half an hour in there taking photos and admiring the whole room.
And finally, this picture I took in the bedroom. I think, again, it's the colours that appeal to me, the pink rose with the green, and it kind of just makes me think of summer and silk kimonos.
Yours in constant awe at the fact that people actually read this blog??? Clara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment