Sunday 17 April 2016

Dryad Vibes

Greetings. Today I was a woodland creature/dryad/something out of Midsummer Night's Dream. It was really sunny and warm outside, so I went out and took some pictures with a friend. I took some pics of her, because my portraiture skills can be summed up in the words "pretty face. Pretty place. PRETTY PICTURE???", and usually the answer is no, not pretty picture, but today I got some nice shots. We went to the woods, and everything was coming into bloom and the light was wonderful, and sometimes I wish I didn't live in the middle of nowhere but today I was glad. Eventually, when I'd got lots of pictures, I knew I had to ask her to take some of me, to have a picture for this blog- except I didn't want to say it was for a blog, so I was like "um, so, I really like this dress, and it was my mum's and I think the whole thing is right, because, er, the woods, and this dress and has flowers on it, and yeah so wouldyoumindtakingapictureofmeplease?" and she sort of looked at me and smiled in a confused manner and went "sure? No problem." I am not good at asking people to take pictures of me. Forgive me, all those who have had to suffer me trying to make up excuses for why I want a picture. Thank you for not throwing the camera in my face. So anyway, this dress was my mum's, and I have been coveting it since the age of four. Really, I used to wear it trailing on the ground behind me and pretend I was a woodland queen- oh wait... I AM. Moving on. It is from Monsoon, and I wear it with my boots (that are falling apart) and my handmade wooden crown. So here ya go, photo credits to Sarah, you can be right hand girl on the throne of the forest.
I was, at one point, wearing a military jacket, from a car boot sale, which took me from queen of the woods to Queen the band, but I liked it, so here's another picture.
And so there we are. Tomorrow is school, so uniform it is, but I try to wear a different hair accessory every day, so that'll be fun to choose. Last week I was a #rebel because I had ripped tights which I got by jumping off the lockers too enthusiastically. I expect I should wear intact tights tomorrow, for fear of invoking the wrath of the Deputy Head who is absolutely terrifying. I cannot wait for the sixth form, where I can finally frighten people with my innovative dress sense. If you are one of the elite who has found AND read this blog, I thank you. You are a dear. Yours, Clara x

No comments:

Post a Comment