Sunday 17 April 2016

Vintage a la now

Why hello, I forgot to post my clothes yesterday, which was a shame because I really liked my outfit, so I'm doing a retrospective(harhar)- I suppose it was a sort of vintage vibe, although it was brought up to date with a homemade denim miniskirt. Allow me to show you:
Voila. It is rather confusing for me because as I'm writing this, all that comes in when I put a picture in is a lot of code. I will be very disappointed if that's all that comes out when I post this. So. The jacket is a 1930s boating jacket, found a tiny vintage shop which looks like a black and white film star's wardrobe- although obviously not black and white. Sorry, that was . Sorry. I love the ruffles, and it makes me feel like I am a young lady on a trip to Italy with her elderly chaperone. As I said, I made the skirt, and I basically ripped up a pair of jeans sewed really really fast along the seams and hoped for the best. It looks a bit ragged on close inspection, but it's pretty funky. I took these photos myself in the garden. It was unusually lovely weather, and it looked really warm, but it REALLY wasn't, and I regretted that my clothes didn't come with, like, built in thermals. Design fault much :) So that's my second post done. Phew. Yours, Clara

No comments:

Post a Comment